A CCBHC, or Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, is an organization that is committed to providing a wide range of services to people with complex needs and has been certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) to participate in this program.
CCBHCs must meet all nine different areas of service:
- Crisis mental health services
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis
- Patient-center treatment planning
- Outpatient mental health and substance abuse services
- Primary care screening and monitoring
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Peer support, counseling, and family support services
- Services for veterans
CCBHC Functionality Within EchoVantage
For a CCBHC to be successful, they need a CCBHC EHR that is working with them – like EchoVantage.
EchoVantage has all the unique functionality necessary for CCBHC agencies to separate those services to meet both billing and outcomes reporting requirements.
Get a free demo of EchoVantage today!
Billing with CCBHC
EchoVantage billing reflects enhancements to Medicaid reimbursement rates – rates reflect the cost of expanding services to meet the needs of your clients and ensure that you get paid for how well you take care of them.
CCBHC’s have a separate procedure code for billing. With the flexibility of EchoVantage functionality, you’re able to easily identify services that need to be billed as CCBHC. If a client has both CCBHC and non-CCBHC services, you will be able to separate them for billing purposes. Then you can combine the CCBHC services and bill them together under the CCBHC procedure code.
Day-to-Day with CCBHC
EchoVantage users can separate their progress notes completed under a CCBHC program from their overall list for billing purposes, and then sort them by the client’s program and insurance. These services are then bundled with the CCBHC procedure code on the charge. Our billing module will bundle the appropriate non-CCBHCs separately and bundle the qualified CCBHCs together with the procedure code.
When it comes to data reporting, CCBHC providers are strongly encouraged to collect their data using suggested methods from SAMHSA. Electronic health records (EHRs) are the most efficient way to collect your data. EHRs can help make sure you’re collecting data as appointments happen and that you’re not losing anything.
EchoVantage makes it easy to track the progress your CCBHC is making. And when it’s time to submit reports to SAMHSA and the State, EchoVantage is compatible with the quarterly reporting templates and includes them in our software for CCBHC providers so reporting is as simple as the touch of a button!
EchoVantage Reporting for CCBHC Metrics
A comprehensive electronic health record, EchoVantage supports CCBHCs working to provide services adhering to the CCBHC metrics:
- Time to Initial Evaluation (I-EVAL)
- Adult Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up (BMI-SF)
- Weight Assessment and counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children/Adolescents (WCC-BH)
- Tobacco Use: Screening & Cessation Intervention (TSC)
- Unhealthy Alcohol Use: Screening and Brief Counseling (ASC)
- Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Suicide Risk Assessment (SRA-BH-C)
- Major Depressive Disorder: Suicide Risk Assessment (SRA-A)
- Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan (CDF-BH)
- Depression Remission at 12 Months (DEP-REM-12)
- Deaths by Suicide (SUIC)
Each of the 8 States currently chosen by SAMHSA to participate are also permitted by SAMHSA to add several metrics the State would like to track in addition to the 10 federal metrics above. These State metrics are also included in EchoVantage in the CCBHC overall metrics functionality.
To learn more about metrics used by CCBHCs to evaluate care, download our free eBook.
DateMarch 16, 2023