Nothing matters more to you than your patients. Whether you’re a PT, OT, or speech therapist, your priority is providing the best care to every individual that walks into your office. To accomplish this, you need quality tools and resources at your fingertips that enable you to do your best work. This includes a top-of-the-line Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
A quality EMR from the right vendor can help you streamline productivity across your entire organization, increase patient engagement, gain insight into practice analytics, and optimize every corner of your workflow. To find the best EMR for your PT, OT, or speech therapy practice, look for the following features.
8 Most Important Features of an EMR for Therapists:
Wondering how to pick an EMR? Regardless of the type of patient you treat, you need a tool with every feature necessary to streamline your process. A comprehensive solution that covers everything from scheduling to billing will empower you to manage your entire practice and treat your clients.
Get a free demo of Fusion today!
- Client Portal – There is not an EMR for therapists on the market today worth using that doesn’t have a client portal. A quality client portal enables your clients to upload intake paperwork, launch telehealth sessions, view/pay their bills online, view upcoming appointments, and so much more. Portals are essential to improving engagement at your organization so that your clients play a more active role in their care and stay involved even after they leave your office.
- Reporting & Analytics – Nothing is more important to the growth of your practice than data. A birds-eye view of your productivity, billing, missing charges, referrals, and more allows you to make informed decisions regarding the future of your organization. A comprehensive reporting system in your EMR will enable you to view your clinic’s operations from every angle and drill down into specific elements with ease.
- Scheduling – Keep your scheduling organized across the board with an integrated scheduling tool. Look for a solution that supports scheduling across multi-clinic organizations as well as group appointments. Stay on top of the smallest details with color-coded schedules that feed information directly into your documentation and billing systems. With seamless integration, your redundancy is eliminated, and your workflow is optimized from start to finish.
- Task Manager – Never let an important step fall through the cracks again. Utilize an Electronic Medical Record that allows your Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy practice to auto-create tasks and control workflows for documentation, authorizations, verifications, and prescriptions. With a feature like this, you can easily add and assign customized tasks to your team and track them in one, easy-to-understand place.
- Appointment Reminders – Nothing wastes more of your clinic’s time than a no-show appointment. Minimize the chance of now-show and late appointments with automated appointment reminders. SMS or email reminders can reduce no-shows and cancellations by up to 38%. Make sure your EMR offers an effective solution.
- Optimized for Mobile Use – Everything needs to be accessible by phone, today. Only the best EMRs are optimized for smartphones and tablets so that you and your patients can access the tools you need, wherever and whenever you need them. This is essential for digital patient intake as well as clinical documentation that needs to be completed in the field.
- Easy Implementation – Switching your digital tools can be a challenge. You have to migrate your data, train your team, implement new workflows, and so much more. It can seem like more trouble than it’s worth. The opposite is true, as long as you partner with the right EMR vendor. With the right partner, the implementation process can be a breeze for everyone involved.
- Quality Provider Support – Questions are bound to come up when your clinic is using any digital tool. That is why quality customer support is vital both during and after the implementation process. You must find a vendor that offers an in-house support team who is eager to help via email, phone, or chat when you need them.
And More – The list goes on and on with Fusion. Fusion offers a long list of features that makes our EMR for PTs, OTs, and Speech Therapists stand out against the competition. Our add-on options include features like a dedicated success coach, who remains your single point of contact throughout the entire relationship, a Home Exercise Program that is easy to manage so that your patients can succeed, and a telehealth integration that enables you to visit with your clients virtually through a secure, HIPAA-certified system.
If you are a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist that is looking for a quality Electronic Medical Record with each of these 8 features (and more), then schedule a demo with Fusion, today.
DateFebruary 1, 2023